Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Emerging.....

There are so many reasons not to write another word. ("Hold that thought!" I sense some thinking.) 

In the 2 years and 4 months since my last published post I've lost a parent and a step-parent. One to a cancer that ate him up and the other to degenerative disease that slowly robbed him of his mind and his memories and finally, his life. My dribblings on here seemed irrelevant and vaguely narcissistic. I think I'm getting over that.

I have been as curious as ever during that time. I may have a few things to say now.

One thing that comes to mind is where to get reliable information about what going on in Auckland, in New Zealand and in the rest of the world. My trust in many of the usual sources has been considerably reduced.

One thing I did this year was donate $1,000 to the Scoop Foundation for Public Interest Journalism. If I want something different in the way of media sources I'm happy to put some money into it.

Another thing I have done is subscribe to Bernard Hickey's (more or less daily) "Hive News".

There are lots of people with things to say. I like reading their blogs and columns.

Hopefully I'll be able to add to all that in a way that is at least useful and interesting for me, if no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for deciding to share your thoughts here. In commenting on this blog, you can express any opinion you like, though any opinion expressed should make some attempt to be consistent with verifiable reality. Say what you like, confident that I won't delete any comments that are polite and respectful of me and others who may comment here. Civility aside, SPAM comments will be deleted if only because they are usually far too long and selling rubbish anyway. (Comments on posts older than 30 days are moderated. I'll approve them as soon as I can.)